February 21-22, 2013
Hyatt Hill Country Resort
San Antonio, Texas
The Changing Face of Water Rights in Texas will be held on February 21-22, 2013 at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. Unique among water conferences, this program emphasizes practice-oriented topics and materials.
Featuring a Commissioner from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, an attorney from the Pacific Rights Foundation, and leading water policy makers and water law practitioners from around the State, the conference will touch on the critical water issues before the courts and relevant state agencies, as well as the ramifications of such issues on real property interests.
For example, the 2013 Course will touch on the following issues and much, much more:
- The impact of the Texas Supreme Court’s opinion in EAA v. Day & McDaniel
- The war between municipalities, industries, and agriculture over water conservation
- Updates from the Legislative Session, recent case law, and water transactions and forms
- Representing multiple parties in a common resource—is it ethical?
- The latest ramifications of the Endangered Species Act
On February 20, 2013, the conference will be kicked off with an optional 3 hour boot camp in the afternoon that covers the fundamentals of groundwater, surface water law, and administrative law.
The program is co-sponsored with the State Bar of Texas's Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section. If you have questions, please contact the Program Co-Chair, David Klein, at firstname.lastname@example.org.