What is the Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section?
ENRLS is a section of the State Bar of Texas
comprised of lawyers who practice or have an interest in environmental and natural resources law.
ENRLS Mission Statement
To provide assistance to environmental lawyers in Texas to help them to be better lawyers.
Environmental Law Journal
The acclaimed State Bar of Texas Environmental Law Journal, which provides Section members with current legal articles and recent developments pertaining to environmental and natural resources law, as well as news of Section activities and other events. The Journal is published on a quarterly basis.
The premier environmental law conference in Texas, attended by over 500 people last year.
Law School Outreach
The Section actively works with the Texas law schools, sponsoring annual environmental law seminars, Buck J. Wynne Scholarships, and internships at the Natural Resources Division of the Office of the Attorney General, the Railroad Commission, Texas Parks & Wildlife, General Land Office, and the Professor Corwin W. Johnson Memorial internship at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
PDP Water Rights Conference
Water rights conference sponsored with the State Bar and the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar.
Environmental Law Book
The treatise, Texas Environmental Law, published by West as part of its Texas Practice Series.
Texas Water Resources Treatise
The treatise, the Essentials of Texas Water Resources, is published by Texas Bar Books.
Texas Green Star Program
Certification of law offices under the State Bar of Texas Green Star Program.
From the Bench: Judicial Interviews
A series of practice-oriented interviews with Texas judges.
Who Can Join?
Membership is voluntary and is available to all licensed Texas lawyers. We also welcome law students, on a non-voting basis.
What Benefits Do You Receive As a Member?
- A subscription to the Section’s Environmental Law Journal. This is the leading source for articles on Texas environmental and natural resources law.
- Access to Texas Environmental Law Journal articles on-line.
- A subscription to NewspaperClips.com, a daily online news service which provides you each morning with a summary of environmental news from newspapers across Texas and the country.
- On-line access to CLE materials from Environmental Superconference and other environmental conferences
- Advance notice of CLE opportunities and discounts on registration fees.
How can you join?
>> Here's how to join the Section
Please note that only individual attorneys, and not law firms, can subscribe to and become members of the Section.